TechnoparkToday.com(Jan, 2016): After an impressive first three editions of Qisa’12, Qisa’13 and Qisa’14, Socio-cultural organization of Technopark employees – Prathidhwani is back with its magnum opus, Qisa 2015. ‘Qisa 2015 – is the short film festival to be conducted for the fourth time in Technopark . The film festival, slated for 2016 February 6th, Saturday in Travancore hall of Park Centre, is intended to provide a platform for film-makers and film enthusiasts to explore short cinema in Technopark. Being a short film festival it is the greatest opportunity for all the techie film makers to show case their work in front of the whole Technopark community. The movies will be reviewed by a judging panel headed by film critic Sri. M F Thomas, a national award winner and a member of national award jury innumerable times.
Till now, in Qisa film festivals we have screened total 71 short films exclusively directed by Technopark employees. Technopark’s popular short film fete ‘Qisa 2015’ will be conducted in two sessions, one for screening of films and other an award function. Best films and artists will be honoured by exciting cash prizes and mementos by renowned celebrities from the film industry. The best movies will be screened for audience on the award ceremony day again.
Registration for Qisa 2015 already started in 20th December 2015 and employees can register their films till 31st January 2016. The award distribution ceremony is planned on 2016 February 9th with well-known celebrities from the Malayalam film industry
The first of its kind, the mega event took place in Technopark with enormous participation of employees. 21 shortlisted films were screened on 16th September 2012 at Travancore hall, Technopark and the results were announced by Jury chairman, film critic M.F. Thomas. Well known poet, columnist & film critic Smt. Rose Mary and National award winning director Sri. Nooranad Ramachnadran were the other jury members.
On 20th December, renowned film maker Sri. Shaji N Karun distributed the mementos and certificates to winners. The event was presided over by celebrated film director Ranjith Shankar. The award ceremony followed by Ghazal & Sufi Night by ‘Mehfil’ Group.
28 shortlisted films were screened on 14th of December 2013 and Sri Vineeth Sreenivasan distributed awards of “Qisa-2013”, film festival of Technopark on 18th of December 2013. Jury chairman Sri. M.F. Thomas and jury members Smt Sulochana Ram Mohan and Sri. Vinu Abraham also attended the award night at open air auditorium in Technopark.Thousands of techies gathered for the award ceremony and film screening and it became a memorable event for technopark.
Liberators, a film produced by Prathidhwani exclusively meant for more trains for Kazhakoottam railway station followed by the award winning movies – ‘Celebration’, ‘Braille letter’, ‘Ulkka’, ‘Thirakalil Olippicha Manaltharikal’ and ‘Farewell at gate no.6’ were screened after the function. IFFK Asian best award movie “Getting Home” was also screened.
22 shortlisted films were screened on 6th of December 2014 Sri M F Thomas, national award winning film critic, Smt. Bhawani cheerath, acclaimed film critic and Sri Sajin Babu, noted young director will also be part of the jury.
The Awards for Qisa 2014 – short film Festival has been distributed by India’s most acclaimed contemporary Film maker & Dada Saheb Falke Award winner, Padmavibhushan Sri Adoor Gopalakrishnan on 10th December 2014 at Travancore Hall, Technopark.
Rules and Regulations for Qisa 2015
1. The QISA 2015 Technopark Film Festival is a short film festival conducted by Prathidhwani, the Socio Cultural organization of Technopark employees. Film Screening of competition films will be held in 6th February 2016 at Technopark, Trivandrum.
2. The competition is open to all participants from Technopark.
3. The Director and Script writer of the film should be an employee working in Technopark.[Exceptions can be granted to employees of IT companies working in Thiruvanathapuram district, upon committee’s approval]
4. Only Films produced after 1st January 2013 are eligible. Note : Films already screened in previous Qisa series are not eligible.
5. All films must be submitted on DVD for consideration of the selection committee, before 31st January 2016. (Data DVD with 720p resolution is preferred)
6. Each entry must be accompanied by a duly filled in entry form and 2 Passport size photographs of the Director and Script Writer.
7. The selection of the Films for the Qisa 2015 TFF will be announced in first week of February 2016.
8. The festival committee reserves the right to accept or refuse any film without assigning any reason whatsoever.
9. The TFF reserves the right to use excerpts and pictures from the film for promotion and public relation purposes.
10. The film can be in any language, but it should be subtitled in English. If the language of the film is English or Malayalam it is not required to be subtitled.
11. Running time of the film should not be less than 2 minutes and should not exceed 45 minutes.
12. No refund of travel expenses is provided for the participants attending the festival.
13. The films of any Genre can be submitted for the competition.
14. The short film can be documentary, experimental, narrative, fiction, docu-fiction or animation. The original film may be produced on 35 mm, 16mm, HD, DIGI BETA, BETA SP, U-MATIC, DV, DVD; but the film must be available on DVD for presentation or preview purpose.
15. Each participant can send as many entries as he/she likes, but with separate entry forms (you may copy or Xerox entry form), preview DVD, synopsis/description, still photographs, press kit should be enclosed.
16. The following cash prizes with memento will be as
• Best Short Film – Rs.11111/-
• Second Best Film – Rs. 5555/-
• Best Director – Rs. 5555/-
• Best Script – Rs. 5555/-
17. Registration fees for each film is Rs. 1000/- only.
18. Registration fee will not be refunded even if the film is not selected for the competition.
19. The DVD along with the Registration Fee can be submitted to Prathidhwani representatives directly. Prathidhwani representatives contact phone numbers: o Vinu P V(General Convener) – 9495025021([email protected]com ) o Johnson K Joshi – 9605349352 ([email protected]) o Rajith V P – 9947787841 ([email protected])
20. Participation in the festival implies acceptance of these Regulations.
21. Decisions of the festival authorities regarding all matters not expressly provided for in these regulations or which require interpretation of the clauses mentioned above shall be final and binding to all parties.