TechnoparkToday.com( Aug, 2009) : Mild Earth-quake felt at Trivandrum, Kerala around 6.45pm today. It was felt mildly in Technopark, Trivandrum. Many people felt the vibrations. it is officially confirmed and recorded 3.4 in scale.
It is reported that the quake felt many places in trivandrum like poojappura, pothancode, pattom, karamana, puthanchantha, kochuveli, kazhakkootam, kaattayikkonam, and lasted for less than a minute.
Some general precautions during earthquakes
* Immediately seek a safe location such as in a doorway (if you live in an old, adobe house that is not reinforced), beneath a table or desk or along an interior wall away from windows or hazardous objects.
* Cover the back of your head and your eyes to minimize injury from flying debris.
* Do not take elevators during an earthquake.
* If cooking, turn off heating elements immediately.
* If outdoors, stay in open areas away from buildings, power lines, trees and other potential hazards.
* If driving, stop quickly but safely and stay in the vehicle. Do not stop near power lines, bridges, overpasses or other potentially dangerous locations.
* Stay calm and brace yourself to keep your balance, sitting if possible.